I’ve been asked to post a few of my favorite soup recipes. So I’m going to do that. But as I have stated before, I’m a simple girl so there is no real “recipe” for these and they are…surprise – SIMPLE. No fancy here! They change from time to time based on what is in my fridge. So I’m not trying to be vague with my recipes I’m trying to leave you room to make it your own. Get creative and add what you like and take away what you don’t. Have fun cooking!
Gluten Free Chicken Noodle Soup:
(I personally prefer this without the noodles but for my kids the noodles are their favorite part so I add them.)
1 Whole Chicken (insides removed of course – yuck)
Your choice of veggies (carrots, onion, celery, kale, etc…)
GF Noodles of choice
- Cover the chicken with water and boil the whole chicken in water for an hour. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Remove chicken from water, which is now your broth. Strain the broth to remove tiny bits of Chicken stuff, then return broth to your soup pot.
- Remove the chicken from the bone and put pulled chicken into the broth.
- Add your firm veggies and boil until veggies are almost cooked. I like to add carrots, onion, celery.
- Add greens if you wish. I like to add my kale or greens close to the end so I dont overcook the greens.
- Season as you wish. I just use Sea Salt and Pepper.
It’s that easy. It takes a while to boil the chicken so as I mentioned in the last post I will cook several soups at a time and then store them in the freezer with my freezer-space saving tips in this post.
If you do this you’ll have a quick lunch to grab and go without all of the metabolism slowing preservatives. Good stuff!
I will post more soups over the next few weeks. I only post what I have tried and loved so I hope you do too!